Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 6...SUCKED!

Not a great run, at all! Scott ran an 8-mile race this morning, so the morning run was out for me. No problem, so I get to sleep late. I enjoyed the day with the kids and got a little house work done. Come 3:00, I really needed to get to the gym...we had friends coming over for dinner and I hadn't been to the grocery yet! So off to the gym I go.

ALL, but one treadmill was taken. No problem, I grabbed one of the ones that does the automatic speed adjustment thingy. I do my one-minute walk and begin my run. 13:1 minute intervals! OMG, running for 13 minutes is HARD!! I bust through the 1st set, but needed to walk for the 2 minutes. I begin the 2nd set and get through about 8 minutes and, again, I begin to loose my peripheral vision and sound...so I slow down. Well that didn't help, I trip...totally loosing cool points. I keep going and at about 2.5 miles, I trip again. That's it...I'm done! I'm going to kill myself on the stupid treadmill.

Needless to say, I'm pissed off @ myself. Sleep wasn't to blame, but maybe not enough carbs today was? Or maybe my body does better in the AM, or maybe I'm out of shape? Who knows? I'll run again Monday with 15:1 minute intervals. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment