Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 5...Tough!

The alarm went off this morning, I hit the snooze, and stayed in bed. Off to work for another frustrating day, so my run afterwards was NEEDED!!!! Today was 11:1 minute intervals and they've been the toughest yet! I'm not sure if it was because it was quarter to 6 when I went to the gym this evening, or if it was because I was running for 11 minutes? I kept up the pace...wha-who, but definitely wanted to stop after 20 minutes. "No!", I thought...I reminded myself that I'm doing this for ME and that I was not going to allow myself to cheat. Instead, I clinched onto my anchor and picked up the pace (so that I could be done faster)! OUCH...but I finished 2 minutes sooner. All-in-all, I did it and felt really great afterwards!

I wiped off the sweat and headed home to a marinated chicken salad that honey had ready! I truly am thankful for a supportive husband who always seems to find a way to encourage me to keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment