Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 2...Blah!

The alarm goes off and I hit snooze...too tired! 9 minutes later, the damn thing is screeching in my ear again. I roll out of bed, put on my gym clothes, double check that I have 5:1 minute intervals today, and I'm out the door. The gym was packed again today and I'm not really feeling the vibe in the air today. I am glad that I'm up and at the gym for day 2, but boy am I tired and a tad-bit sore.

I get on the treadmill, ready to run! Wha-whooo. I take my girlfriends advice...'slow down at the start of the training...I can always pick up the pace later'! So I start my pace at a 10:30 minute mile. I'm cruising along, check my time, and it's only been 2 minutes! I think, "this is going to SUCK!" And it did. I make the 5 minutes, but barely. I take my much need 1 minute walk, but am NOT ready to run another 5. So I take just one more minute to psych myself up. I make it 3 minutes and can't breathe, so I slow down the pace. I make it another 30 seconds and the sounds around me become distorted and I'm losing my peripheral vision. I think "oh shit, here I go!" I catch myself on the side railings and take the pace WAY down to a slight walk. After I recover, I try to pick the pace back up, but it's not happening. Too bad! I finish the walk for the rest of the 30 minutes, but am aggravated the entire time that I couldn't do it.

Once I'm home, I hit the shower and try to problem solve "why couldn't I finish?" The solution I've come to is: one, I didn't eat enough the night before (although I wasn't hungry); two, I didn't eat the "right" kinds of foods the day before; three, I was tired and didn't get enough rest. Or maybe it's a combination of the three? I decided to take the next two days off to make sure I recover and eat right, and to make sure I don't discourage myself.

Sounds like a plan!

2 comments:

  1. well you inspired me to go to the gym this morning. which I KNOW is your main purpose in working out;) I'm proud of you for going...see you Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just got out of the gym... i'm JUST under 200lbs. yes, i know it's because i have a very health baby and that i'm full of freakin muscle, so i'm always going to be a high weight... but it doesn't matter psychologically. :(
    ...and running only makes running easier! when i was doing ROTC (groups help me A LOT), i could run 4 miles with no problem. (and that was an ARMY mile, NOT an AIR FORCE mile.) the first time i went to run, though, i had a panic attack... and felt like an effing tard.
    just keep running.

    ReplyDelete