Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 1...whew!

As I rolled over and hit the snooze button this morning (6am) I was pumped and ready to run! I know, I know...it's day 1, but I hope this enthusiasm keeps strong. So I'm up and out the door by 6:15am and at the gym 5 minutes later. Pulling into the parking lot, I was amazed at how PACKED the gym was THAT early in the morning...and yes, 6:15 is early for me. I walk in and there was vibe of determination in the air.

My task today...intervals for 30 minutes, with the goal of eventually being able to run for 30 minutes straight (5k at a 10 minute mile pace). I DID IT! 3 minute run, with a 1 minute walk. I have to admitt, it was tough, but definitly do-able. With the help of my anchor and a little SnoopDogg on the MP3...30 minutes went by pretty quick. It was just one foot in front of the other and me making sure I was breathing and not holding my breathe. It really felt great!

Five minutes to 7...and I'm all done! I head home, make my shake, and grab a much needed shower. As the hot water runs down my sweaty body, I am relieved the run is over and proud of myslef for not cheating. With the help of my marvelous husband, I was showered, dressed, and out the door by 7:40am. He got the kids up, dressed, and fed, without any expectation from me...that kept me motivated that on his 4 days off, I can get my work-out finished in the morning without hassle!

Come 1:00 today...I'm pooped! It very well could be that this is my 1st week back to work with students since break...or it could be that I ran for 30 minutes this morning?! Who knows? Then, cramp in the upper left hamstring! Holy crap...that hurt. But, a little stretching this evening, and I think I worked it out.

Dinner tonight was virtually ready when I walked in the door @ 5:00 (yes, I was home by 5!)...baked salmon with pesto and steamed veggies. Just what I needed!

Oodles of thanks to my hubbie for the support today. It really made the morning and after work run smoothly.

Another day of training tomorrow...5 minute run with 1 minute off intervals for 30 minutes. I'll keep you posted! and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. good for you. I wish I didn't have a 40 minute commute. I leave for work at 6:15. Keep up the good work. Join sparkpeople.com and follow some of their recipes.

    ReplyDelete