Monday, February 22, 2010

Week in Review

The week:

FINALLY ran 3.1 miles without stopping...wha-whooo!!! I have found that the first 1.5 miles are the hardest. It must take my body that long to get into a groove?.

I only ran 2-days this week (due to the race), but both days were 3 milers, with NO stops! Those runs felt so fantastic. The one I ran yesterday was the best yet. I felt like I could have kept running. The last mile, I picked up the pace...the last 3/10 of a mile I ran @ a 10 minute mile! Honey was right, I little commitment will get me there.

Bummer...my 5K race was postponed. The weather was too yucky for it. The bad news is, they've postponed it to a weekend I can not race on. So, I'll pick a new 5K for early March, and give myself an extra 2 weeks to be consistent at running, without stopping. No biggy!

Diet wise...eh! I haven't gained any weight, but I also haven't lost any either. THAT SUCKS!! I just have 12lbs to loose. I'll be happy with 12 more pounds. That puts me in the mid-130's and I'm very comfortable there. I feel good (about food) and I look good (naked). Over Spring Break, we're going to Dallas to visit my family (1/2 way point for mom and dad, and my oma and opa and cousins live there, along with my sister in Austin). Since we'll all be there, and Joey is finally here, we're taking pics. That means I've gotta get some weight off before then! Science says, "eat 500 calories less a-day, for a week, and you'll loose a pound a week." So here's the plan...
  1. Keep up the running, without stopping (3 miles is about 300 calories)
  2. STOP eating dessert every night (about 300-500 calories alone)
  3. stay away from processed sugar (the body metabolizes it differently than natural sugar, like in fruit)
  4. continue with portion control of my already healthy meals
  5. curb the snacking in between meals to no more than 3, b/t breakfast and lunch, b/t lunch and dinner, and maybe a snack an hour before bed. (this keeps up the metabolism, and prevents the body from getting "hungry")

We'll see how this works. According to science and math, it's suppose to! Less food in, more energy burnt equals weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment