Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 9 and 10...wha-whooo!

Day 9:
Monday morning run! I didn't really want to get up, but knew I needed to, so I did. The problem was I hit the snooze button one (or two) times too many. So I got a late start (really late) and ran out of time before needing to be at work. I ran the 2.6 miles and definitely could have kept going, but time is time and I was for sure out of time! By the time I left the gym, it was already 7:30 and I hadn't taken a shower yet! Sure enough, I arrive at work 2 minutes shy of kids walking in the door...whew! I was aggravated with myself for sleeping an extra 10 (20)minutes, but I still felt okay b/c I could have kept going...I surely wasn't ready to stop running. To make-up for the lack of time I had available, I picked up the pace to 6mph for the last 0.5 miles..so not so bad.

Day 10:
Great run tonight! I left work at 4pm (my commitment to myself) and made it to the gym 15 minutes later. The treadmill I like to run on was available :) and the run on it felt great. I ran a solid 1.5 miles, without stopping..go me. I took my minute off and then kicked it back into gear. The strange thing was, my 5.0mph pace seemed a little slow tonight. So I kicked the pace up to 5.5mph...and then to 6.0mph (10 minute mile). That felt right...I little bit of a push,, but still felt good. At the 3.0 mile mark, I kicked up the pace even more and finished the last 1/10 of a mile at a 7mph pace! Yep, that's a 8 minute mile...it was fast, but the last spurt felt really great!

I think my these past few really great runs have been so great b/c I've figured out the eating thing. I've upped my carbs...I think I just needed a few more for my body to make it where I needed it too go! The 3-day a week runs are something that I'm really beginning to look forward to....and I'm actually finding myself needing them. They help me burn off any stressors of the day, they give me peace and quiet, and get my heart pumping which just feels really great.

Less than 20 days until the 5K and now, more than ever, I believe I will be able to finish out that 5K, without stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment