Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 11..another run down

Day 11:
Another run today, thanks to Carrie! She kept the kids for me (Scott was working) so I could get my run in b/c I didn't go yesterday. I really wanted to go this morning, but I was just so incredibly exhausted this morning I couldn't bare to go. I slept until quarter after 9, and by 10:30 this morning, I could barely keep my eyes open. I fell asleep on the couch until shortly after noon. So after a very lazy morning, I kicked myself into gear!

This was a needed run! I have found now that 5.0mph is too slow of a pace. I actually trip over my feet. Today I ran 1.6 miles (1/10 of a mile more without stopping) @ a 5.3mph pace. That pace felt really great. I did my 2 minute walk (3.3mph) and ran the next last mile @ a 5.5mph pace. The last 4/10 of a mile was at a 5.7 mph pace and the very last 2/10 of a mile @ a 6mph pace. Yes, lots of numbers, but all in all, I'm getting better (and faster).

The goal is still to run the 5K without stopping...speed is not a factor this 1st go-round. I'm working on running 1/10 of a mile longer, without stopping, each day! So far so good. Feb. 20th is race day, and it looks like I'll make my goal!

2 comments:

  1. you trip over your feet anyway! rubia. :) ...i've worked out twice this past week. glad to see someone is doing what they say they're gonna! james and i are thinking about doing a "couples 5k" together at the end april... he's a MUCH better runner than i am. don't know how soon after baby doc will let me workout--much less, run!
    still nice to have goals.
    rooting for feb 20! distance is all about mind, though. doing track in HS, you should know that. you know your body can handle it...

    ReplyDelete