Saturday, March 13, 2010

the month in review!

Still going strong! I haven't lost any weight (still 148), but I'm starting to tone up (at least that's what I hear). I'm still consistently at the gym and running 3 days a week AND a 5K each time. My time is getting better as well. A comfortable pace for me has been about an 11 minute mile, but I can hold a 10 minute mile for a decent amount of time...and for a short distance (2/10 of a mile) hold a 9 minute mile.

Two weeks ago, I ran outside for the 1st time. It was an absolutely beautiful day, so Scott suggested I run on the Sante Fe Trail to get a feel for being off the treadmill (and to enjoy the weather). It was definitely different from the treadmill, and I was sore the next day, but my time was okay. I ran the 3 miles in just at 36 minutes. Not great, but not too bad either being I hadn't yet run outside.

Last weekend I complete the Neilson 2-mile Challenge at Monument Park. Did okay on time there too. Finished in 23:46. This was a trail run and about 100 people showed up. Not too much hype and everybody kinda did their own thing.

TODAY, I finally raced a 5K (remember, my previous one was snowed out). It was the perfect day; sun was out, a slight chill in the air @ 55 degrees, and it was packed downtown. I started mid-pack (i think) and kept a steady pace. My goal, in January, was to run a 5K WITHOUT stopping. I can now check that off my list! My time wasn't too bad either, finishing @ 34:23. This race was surely different from the 2-miler last weekend...a lot more people! and there seemed to be a lot more hype at the starting line and crossing the finish.

Overall, I'm pretty proud of myself! It feels great to accomplish a goal, in writing, and not just on a treadmill. My next 5K is scheduled in April. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment